Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Post #64 - Blue and white with a touch of rufous

I am actually on a roll with some of my other writing at the moment, so I am going to keep this post short and sweet since my efforts are required elsewhere right now. That being said, I did have several nice birding outings this weekend, and I walked away with two decent photos. I thought these were a fun compliment to one another since the sandpiper photos is a white bird against a white background and the grosbeak photo is basically the opposite. The touches of rufous tie the photos together nicely!

Blue Grosbeak - Passerina caerulea
Canon 500mm f/4 IS v1 + 1.4x III on EOS 7D2
1/1250 at f/8, ISO 800

Western Sandpiper  - Calidris mauri
 Canon 500mm f/4 IS v1 on EOS 7D2
1/4000 at f/5.6, ISO

Anyway, sorry for the short post, but things are are really hectic right now. I'm getting married next month and trying to polish off the second draft of my book - on top of working 60hrs/week. I'm just lucky I can even find time for a few hours of birding each week! I am really looking forward to having the book done as that will free up much time that can be directed into this blog. At that point I hope the blog will evolve a beyond what is now closer to an online birding journal. I would really like write more about the state of birds and the environment and to have more content that is less Dorian-centric. The book is moving, but its a huge project. It will certainly run through the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment