Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Post #4 - Long Island birding plans snowed under.........

Here is my current view from Farmingdale, Long Island, NY.  Yep, that's my car covered in 18" of snow.


After spending Jan 8-24 recovering in Philly, I headed up to NYC this past weekend. I will be using NYC as a base of operations for the next few months while I sort through more permanent housing/employment options in the upcoming weeks. I had planned to spend this week birding/photographing on Long Island before setting up permanent shop in the city next week. Unfortunately, this enormous storm has crushed my plans to bird Jones Beach, Robert Moses, Shinnecock, Montauk, and other Long Island hot spots. The consolation prize is that I am snowed in with a professional chef, so it could be much worse! I might be able to make it out tomorrow, but that's all in the hands of the plows. I am sure that I can do some birding by the weekend; all I can do is sit tight and eat up.

No comments:

Post a Comment